Peppermint Oil for Cooking
Peppermint essential oil can be used for cooking and flavouring food and drinks. Let's explore the 3 ways to use Peppermint essential oil for cooking.
1. Peppermint Water
Young Living peppermint essential oil can be added to food and drinks to flavour food.
Peppermint water is a healthy drink option that can replace sugar-filled soft drinks, iced-teas and cordials.
Everybody knows that drinking water is great for health. Though most people struggle with drinking enough water. How often have you thought to yourself "If only water tasted good I'd drink more of it". That's where essential oils come into play. If it tastes good - people drink more. Essential oil drinking water tastes super yummy. That's why everybody says when they try essential oil drinking water they find it easier to drink more water.
When using peppermint oil in drinking water, there's a 3 things you need to know.
1. The flavour of peppermint essential oil is strong. Some people love it, some people don't. That's just like any flavour - not everyone's tastes buds are the same. So give it a try to see if it's the flavour for you. Personally peppermint water is one of my favourites, I love it!
2. Use a small amount! For most people, one drop of peppermint oil to 250ml glass of water is a good flavour level. For some people, one drop to one litre of water is the flavour level they prefer. This is something that you'll need to try for yourself to find out your flavour preference. Though most people find that using more than one or two drops to a glass of water is too strong in flavour for them. So when you try peppermint oil water for yourself, start with one drop in a jug of water or large glass.
3. Make sure you're using an essential oil suited for use in food. Young Living peppermint essential oil can be used for food and drinks. You'll see the guidelines for use in cooking on the Young Living bottle label. Though please note that most brands of essential oils are not suitable for use in food and drinks. Most brands of essential oils, even oils labeled as 100% pure or organic are designed for aromatherapy purposes only, they should not be used in food and can be harmful if ingested in food. So make sure you're using an essential oil that's listed for use in food. With Young Living peppermint oil you can rest assured it's safe for use in food.
2. Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Flavour your recipes with peppermint oil!
Add peppermint oil to your favourite chocolate brownie recipe. Simply add 2 drops of Young Living peppermint oil to your brownie recipe. It's amazingly tasty!
And just a reminder, when using essential oils for cooking, only use essential oils suited for use in food. Young Living peppermint oil can be used in food.
3. Peppermint Chocolate Truffles
Yes, here's another recipe with chocolate. There's a reason why chocolate is featuring twice in the top 5 uses for peppermint oil in the kitchen. Peppermint and chocolate were made to go together. They're the ultimate flavour combination.
Add peppermint oil to your favourite chocolate recipes, whether that's chocolate truffles, raw chocolate, chocolate cupcakes. Anything chocolate, peppermint is a perfect flavour companion.
To make chocolate truffles or chocolates, add 3 to 5 drops of peppermint essential oils. And again one more time, make sure the oil you use is suited for cooking, like Young Living's peppermint essential oil.
How to Cook with Essential Oils?
When you purchase Peppermint oil from WildEssentialOils.com you'll gain access to the 'Cooking with Essential Oils' ebook. Watch the video to find out more about the 'Cooking with Essential Oils' ebook.
Not all Brands of Essential Oils can be used for cooking
Where to Buy Peppermint Oil in Australia?
Looking to get your own Peppermint Oil? Then we would love to help!
In Australia? Then purchase your Peppermint Oil here.
In the USA or elsewhere in the world? Then click here to view Peppermint oil and add it to your shipping cart.
#peppermintessentialoil #peppermintoiluses #essentialoilscooking #kitchen #edibleoils #edibleessentialoil #foodgradeessentialoil #essentialoilsforcooking #younglivingpeppermint #younglivingpeppermintoil