Creamy Lemon Thyme Pasta Recipe with Thyme and Lemon Essential Oil
This recipe created by Chef Kate featuring Young Living thyme essential oil and Young Living Lemon essential oil is inspired by a beautiful pasta dish she had in the quaint seaside village of Portofino, along Italy’s Ligurian Coast. She added Young Living’s Lemon and Thyme essential oils to make it even more ‘bellissimo’ (beautiful)! You can use gluten-free spaghetti or zucchini noodles if you prefer.
Asian Chicken with Spring Onions with Black Pepper and Orange Essential Oil
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
3 tbsp. Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, smashed or minced
¼ cup Parsley, finely chopped
1-2 tsp. Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 Small zucchini, diced or cut in ribbons/spiralised Optional
10 2 Cherry tomatoes, halved OR Medium tomatoes, diced
¾ cup Coconut cream or cream
1 cup Water from cooking pasta
3 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil, to taste
1 drop Young Living Thyme essential oil, to taste
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated Optional
500 g Spaghetti, linguine or penne Water 1 tsp. Sea salt 1 tsp. Olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat, then add garlic, parsley, sea salt and pepper and continue cooking whilst stirring for 1 minute. Set aside until the pasta is done.
2. Fill a large pot with water till three quarters full, add the sea salt and olive oil and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir well and cook according to directions. Check the pasta after a few minutes and stir again, then continue simmering until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
3. When the pasta is done, remove from heat and strain into a container. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water to mix with the sauce if needed.
4. Place the sauté pan back on the heat and add the zucchini, tomatoes, coconut cream and some of the reserved pasta cooking water. Continue cooking whilst stirring for 3-4 minutes.
5. Carefully add the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently mix well. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed, then continue cooking whilst gently stirring until heated through.
6. Remove from heat. Mix the Lemon and Thyme essential oils in 2 tbsp. of the reserved pasta cooking water (or more if the pasta is dry) and gently stir through the pasta. Serve with parsley leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
TIP: This is a wonderful vegan recipe, but fresh prawns or bite-sized pieces of cooked chicken work well when added with the tomatoes.
NOTE: The pasta can be cooked a few minutes ahead of time before the sauce is ready. Just toss the pasta with olive oil, gently stir to coat well, cover and set aside until the sauce is ready.
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.