Thai Fish Honey Tamari Sauce Recipe with Lemongrass, Lemon and Lime Essential Oil
This Thai Fish with Tamari Honey Sauce recipe was created by Chef Kate and features Young Living Lemongrass essential oil, Lime essential oil or Lemon essential oil. This marinade is delicious and adds great flavour to seafood. It’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together and is the perfect dish for entertaining. When I’m pressed for time, sometimes I will bake the fillets in the marinade. It makes a lovely presentation for dinner parties also.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Tamari Honey Sauce Ingredients
¼ cup Tamari or coconut aminos
¼ cup Honey or coconut syrup
½ cup Coconut milk
1 tbsp. Ginger, grated, to taste (optional)
1 clove Garlic, grated (optional)
1 tbsp. Spring (green) onions, finely chopped
Coriander or parsley leaves
Sesame seeds and chilli for serving (optional)
Thai Fish Ingredients
4 Salmon or white fish fillets, skin and bones removed
1 tbsp. Coconut oil (for cooking)
1. . Rinse the fish under cool running water, pat dry with paper towels and set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Place the tamari honey sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Take the fish out of the refrigerator and heat the coconut oil in a medium to large frying pan with a lid, on medium/high heat. Place the fillets in the pan and cook for approx. 3 minutes on one side, then carefully turn over and pour the sauce evenly over them.
4. Reduce the heat to medium/low, cover with the lid and continue cooking for approx. 3 -5 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove frying pan from heat. Place the salmon on plates or a serving platter. Add culinary essential oils and stir into remaining sauce. Pour sauce over salmon, sprinkle with coriander, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and/or parsley leaves.
TIP: This recipe also works well baked! To bake the fish, place boneless, skinless fillets in a baking dish and pour the sauce over the fish. Cover the baking dish with baking paper, then tightly cover with foil and bake in a 180°C oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Uncover and bake for approximately 3-4 minutes longer until fish is cooked through.
NOTE: I always use wild-caught and sustainable seafood when possible. This dish is also great served cold the next day over salad greens
More Food Recipes with Edible Essential Oils
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Looking for edible lemon pepper essential oil, edible lime essential oil and edible lemongrass Fresh essential oil in Australia. Buy food grade lemon seed essential oil here, food grade lime oil here and food grade lemongrass oil here
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.