Thai Green Curry Vegetable Soup Recipe with Lemongrass and Coriander Essential Oil
This Thai Green Curry vegetable soup recipe was created by Chef Kate, celebrity to the stars and features Young Living lemongrass essential oil, lime essential oil, lemon essential oil and coriander essential oil.
Prep Time : 20 to 25 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time : 20 to 25 minutes
Thai Curry Vegetable Soup Ingredients
1-2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, for sautéing
1 Medium-sized onion, finely chopped
2 Spring onions, finely chopped
2 Kaffir lime leaves Optional
3 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste, to taste (See Thai Curry Paste recipe here)
2 cans Coconut milk, approximately 750 ml
2-3 cups Vegetables of choice, cut into bite-sized pieces Examples include carrots, zucchini, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, peas & cauliflower
2 Tbsp. Honey or maple syrup, to taste
1 tsp. Sea salt, to taste
1-2 drops Young Living Lemongrass essential oil, to taste
1-2 drops Young Living Coriander essential oil, to taste
Mint and coriander leaves Optional, for serving
1. Carefully chop all vegetables of choice into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Place the coconut oil in a large sauté pan and melt on medium-to-high heat. Add the onions, spring onions and kaffir lime leaves, then sauté whilst stirring for 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Add the Thai green curry paste and continue to cook whilst stirring for 1 minute. Next, add the coconut milk and stir well. Stir in 2 - 3 cups chopped vegetables of choice, honey and salt.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking while stirring often for approximately 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Do not let the soup come to a boil. Check for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
5. Remove from heat, stir in the Lemongrass essential oil and Coriander essential oils, check the flavour and add more essential oil if desired.
6. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with finely chopped spring onions, a few coriander leaves and mint leaves.
The soup can also be prepared a day ahead, refrigerated, and then gently reheated before serving. The soup will keep for 3 days refrigerated.
TIP: Many curry pastes and ready made sauces have chemicals and additives, so check the labels.
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.