Pumpkin Coconut Pancakes Recipe with Orange and Cinnamon Essential Oil
This recipe for pumpkin coconut pancakes is by Chef Kate and features Young Living cinnamon essential oil and orange essential oil.
These are one of my all-time favourites to make for breakfast. I love them so much I even make them for dinner sometimes! They were also a big hit with many of Chef Kate's clients, including Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom. You can also use organic (unsweetened) canned pumpkin to save time.
Makes 10 - 15 pancakes, depending on size
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 - 20 minutes
2½ cups Cooked, mashed pumpkin (cooled), or unsweetened canned pumpkin
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Gluten-free self-raising flour
½ cup Yoghurt of choice
½ cup Coconut milk, or milk of choice
½ tsp. Vanilla essence (optional)
½ tsp. Sea salt, to taste
Coconut oil, ghee or butter, for cooking and serving
1. In a medium to large bowl, mix all the ingredients together well. You can also add all the wet ingredients, then dry ingredients to your blender or food processor and mix until well combined.
2. If the batter is thick, thin it with more coconut milk, filtered or spring water.
3. Heat a large frying pan to medium-to-high heat and add a generous amount of coconut oil to the pan. Let it heat for about 1- 2 minutes.
4. Spoon enough batter into the pan to form an 8 cm round pancake. Repeat, leaving a little space between pancakes for turning.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes on one side until they start to brown, then flip over carefully and cook for another 2 minutes. Adjust the temperature of the pan if required.
6. Serve immediately or transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and loosely cover with baking paper and put them in a 120ºC oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.