Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe with Basil Essential Oil
This veggie stir-fry recipe was created by Chef Kate and features Young Living basil essential oil.
Basil essential oil adds a blast of flavour to this quick and easy stir-fry. It’s the perfect evening meal and can be ready in before you know it. Cutting the veggies takes a few minutes, but once you start cooking, it’s ready in no time.
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes Serving Size: 2
1 tbsp. Olive oil or coconut oil
2 Carrots, medium-sized, peeled & chopped
1 Broccoli stem, peeled & chopped
1 Red or brown onion, chopped
1 Leek White and tender green parts only
2 Celery stalks, chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely diced
1 Ginger, small-sized, peeled and finely diced
2 Zucchini, medium-sized, chopped
1 Capsicum, small-sized, chopped
1 Purple and/or green cabbage, chopped
2 Spring onions, chopped
1 Head of broccoli florets, chopped
1 bunch Bok choy and/or other leafy greens E.g. kale, Swiss chard, spinach
½ cup Cashews or other nuts
Optional 1 - 2 tbsp. Tamari or coconut aminos, to taste
2 drops Young Living Basil essential oil, to taste
1. Thinly slice (or cut into bite size pieces) all the veggies and set aside. The smaller you cut the veggies, the quicker they cook.
2. In a small, separate bowl, mix the tamari or coconut aminos and Basil essential oil and set aside.
3. Heat a large frying pan or wok on medium-high heat and add olive or coconut oil. First, add the harder veggies - carrots, broccoli stems, onions and leeks - and cook whilst stirring for 2 - 3 minutes. Then, add the rest of the veggies, except the leafy greens, and continue cooking while stirring for 4 minutes.
4. Check to see if the veggies are cooked to your liking, add the leafy greens, and stir for 1 - 2 minutes longer.
5. Remove veggies from pan and turn off heat. Stir in the tamari/aminos-Basil essential oil mixture and mix well. Check for seasoning and add a small amount of the tamari/ aminos-Basil essential oil mixture if desired.
6. Serve with rice or quinoa. TIP: To ensure the whole meal is ready at the same time, cook some rice or quinoa before you start prepping the veggies.
NOTE: Add cubed firm tofu at the end of cooking the stir-fry and heat through if you desire. You can also add cooked chicken or prawn pieces.
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.