Steak Sandwich with Black Pepper and Lemon Essential Oil
This recipe was created by Chef Kate and features Young Living lemon essential oil and Young Living black pepper essential oil. This steak sandwich is a quick and easy recipe. The lemony sauce is great and really brings the flavours together. You can add a little BBQ sauce if desired too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 - 10 minutes
2 Steaks, approximately 250 g each
Olive oil or butter - For cooking steaks
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bread rolls of choice
4 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Dijon mustard, to taste
1 tsp. Honey, to taste
2 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil, to taste
2 drops Young Living Black Pepper essential oil, to taste
2 Ripe medium tomatoes, sliced
Lettuce or rocket leaves
1. Make the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, Lemon and Black Pepper essential oils and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Prepare the bread by cutting in half between the top and bottom and toast if desired. Spread the sauce on the pieces of bread and set aside.
3. Lay the tomatoes on the bottom slices of bread and then add lettuce leaves on top.
4. Dry the steaks and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place on a medium frying pan. Sear, grill or BBQ steaks on medium high heat. Let them rest 2-3 minutes before slicing.
5. Slice steaks into pieces and place on top of the lettuce, then add some more lemon & pepper sauce if desired. Place the tops of the bread on, cut in half diagonally and enjoy!
Note: You’ll need approximately 250 g of steak per sandwich, but use less or more as you like.
For a vegetarian option, try grilling slices of 2 medium zucchini or haloumi in place of the steak.
TIP: You can either pan sear, grill or BBQ the steaks until they are cooked to your liking. The secret to making a great pan seared steak is to dry it on all sides with a paper towel, salt and pepper it well, then cook on medium high heat, turning the steak once until done, and resting it for 3 minutes or so.
Where to Buy Food Grade Essential Oils in Australia?
Which Essential Oils can be used with Food?
See a full list of 35 food grade essential oils in Australia here.